Upcoming Career Events
Virtual Friday Company Days
Company Days are an opportunity to network with company representatives. We will put you in a small zoom group with other students and a company representative. Only students who submit a resume by the deadline will be allowed to participate. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about the company and learn about the opportunities that are available. There will be no information session instead we will focus on networking.
How to participate:
- Submit your resume online by the Tuesday before the company day at noon.
- We will reach out to you a few days before the Company Day to choose a time block that works best for you.
- If you don't receive anything on the Wednesday before the Company Day, then please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do I need to submit my resume?
What can I expect on the Company Day?
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your time block. We’ll put you in a room.
- There will about 5 students in your Zoom call.
- There will be 1 company representative that will give an overview of the company for a few minutes.
- You will have an opportunity to introduce yourself at the beginning.
- Please prepare a few questions for the company representative. This is your opportunity to shine and build a connection with the company representative!
I submitted a resume but didn't hear anything back?
I want to change the resume I submitted?
|Company||date||Submit resumes by||Time|
Jobs and Internships
CE/ENVE Department Jobs
If interested in a position listed below, please connect directly with the faculty member. If approved, the faculty member will initiate the hiring process. More information regarding the detailed hiring process, your rights as an ISA (Instruction Student Assistant), and the bargaining unit contract person can be found in the Cal Poly Student Employment Handbook. Job descriptions and minimum qualifications are listed for each of the positions posted.
The pay for these positions is $14/hr for undergraduate students and $15/hr for graduate students. Qualified students must be eligible to work in the U.S., be in good academic standing, meet the minimum qualifications, and be at least a half-time student. Exceptions to the minimum eligibility qualifications may be granted at the sole discretion of the University.
While there is no official DEADLINE for grader positions, these decisions are typically made within the two weeks of the quarter. The sooner you connect with the faculty, the better. Please address any questions you have about the process to email@example.com.
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility. Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.