Teaching Post Doc Scholar
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, University of Mumbai, IN
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- M.S. in Statistics & Data Science, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Environmental sustainability of processes and materials of civil engineering systems
- Safety risk of design elements and construction activities
- Technology implementation and process improvement of construction projects
- Information visibility assessment in the construction supply chain
- Production systems
- Information management
- Construction worker safety & Health
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
- Member, National Society of Black Engineers
- Dharmapalan V., O’Brien W.J., Morrice D. (2021) “Defining Supply Chain Visibility for Industrial Construction.” Doctoral Research in Construction Management, Frontiers in Built Environment, 7, 1-16, https://doi.org/10.3389/fbuil.2021.651294.
- Dharmapalan V., O’Brien W.J., Morrice D., Jung M. (2021) “Assessment of Visibility in Industrial Construction Projects: A Viewpoint from Supply Chain Stakeholders.” Construction Innovation, Emerald Insight, https://doi.org/10.1108/CI-07-2020-0114.
- Jin, Z., Gambatese, J., Liu, D., Dharmapalan, V. (2019). “Using 4D BIM to Assess Construction Risks during the Design Phase.” Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, Emerald Insight, 26(11), 2627-2654, http://doi.org/10.1108/ECAM-09-2018-0379.
- Dharmapalan V and O’Brien WJ (2018) Benefits and challenges of automated materials technology in industrial construction projects. Smart Infrastructure and Construction, ICE, 171(4): 144–157, https://doi.org/10.1680/jsmic.19.00009.
- Dharmapalan, V., Gambatese, J.A., Fradella, J., Vahed, A.M. (2014) “Quantification and Assessment of Safety Risk in the Design of Multistory Buildings.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE, 141(4), 04014090 (9).
- Jin, Z., Gambatese, J., Dharmapalan, V. (2018) “Risk Assessment in 4D Building Information Modeling for Multistory Buildings” Proceedings of the Joint CIB W099 and TG59 Conference, Salvador, Brazil, August 1-3, 2018.
- Dharmapalan, V. and Gambatese, J.A. (2012) “Comparison of Design Risk Factors of Multistory Commercial Office Buildings.” Proceedings of the ASCE Construction Research Congress 2012, West Lafayette, IN, May 21-23, 2012.
- O’Brien W.J., Morrice D., Dharmapalan V., (2020) “Improved Integration of the Supply Chain in Materials Planning and Work Packaging – Part 2: Inventory Costs and Opportunities.” Research Report, Construction Industry Institute, Austin, Texas.
- O’Brien W.J., Dharmapalan V. (2018) “Fiatech: History and Perspectives on Future Research.” In: Smith I., Domer B. (eds) Advanced Computing Strategies for Engineering. EG-ICE 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10863. Springer, Cham.
- O’Brien W.J., Morrice D., Dharmapalan V., (2018) “Improved Integration of the Supply Chain in Materials Planning and Work Packaging – Part 1: Visibility.” Research Report, Construction Industry Institute, Austin, Texas.
- O’Brien W.J., Young S., Dharmapalan V., (2017). “IMM: Automated Materials Identification, Locating and Tracking Technology – Case Studies.” Research Report, Fiatech, Austin, Texas.
- Dharmapalan, V., Gambatese, J. (2010) “Construction Processes and Materials Mapping for Sustainability Assessments” Kiewit Center for Infrastructure and Transportation Sustainability Project, Corvallis, Oregon.