Undergraduate Department Forms
Because our campus is operating virtually, you'll need to collect these signatures digitally. To sign these forms digitally, please download these forms and open them in Adobe Acrobat (you can download the free version on their website). From there you can use the "signature" tool to sign these forms. Please refer to the below instructions if you need more help.
Detailed Instructions for Signing PDFs using Adobe Acrobat
Open the PDF document or form that you want to sign.
Click the Sign icon in the toolbar. Alternatively, you can choose Tools > Fill & Sign or choose Fill & Sign from the right pane.
The Fill & Sign tool is displayed. Click Fill and Sign.
The form fields are detected automatically. Hover the mouse over a field to display a blue box. Click anywhere in the blue box, the cursor will be placed at the right position automatically. Type your text to fill the field.
Hover the mouse to display the detected text field
You can choose your desired color to fill the PDF form. Click the color button in the Fill & Sign menu and choose your desired color.
By default, the signature color is black. To retain the default color of the signature, make sure the Retain Original Color For Signature option is unchecked.
Click the Sign icon in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.
If you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from.
If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to add your signature. Skip to the next step.
If you are signing for the first time, you see the Signature or Initials panel. Below is an example of the Signature panel.
You can choose to type, draw, or import a signature image. Added signatures and initials are saved for future use.
Click Apply, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to place the signature or initial.
- Type: Type your name in the field. You can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.
- Draw: Draw your signature in the field.
- Image: Browse and select an image of your signature.
- Save Signature: When this check box is selected, and you're signed in to Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, the added signature is saved securely in Adobe Document Cloud for reuse.
- To move the placed signature or initial, click the field to highlight it and then use the arrow keys. To resize or delete the field, use the options in field toolbar.
Note: If you want to use an image as your signature:
- Sign your name in black ink on a clean, blank sheet of white paper. Sign in the middle of the paper so you don't photograph or scan the edges.
- Photograph or scan your signature. If you are taking a picture of your signature, make sure that the page is lit and that no shadows fall across the signature.
- Transfer the photo or scan to your computer. Acrobat/Reader accepts JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, TIF, and BMP files. You do not need to crop the image. Acrobat/Reader imports just the signature if the photo or scan is fairly clean.
Time Conflict Request Form (PDF) - The April 15, 2020 deadline will be strictly enforced. This form will need to be downloaded and emailed to those who need to sign and approve the request. Once all signatures or approvals by email are received send the email string and form to email@example.com by the deadline.