The Civil and Environmental Engineering department is dedicated to helping our transfer students excel.
Applicants applying as a college transfer student should be at the junior transfer level (60 or more transferable semester units or 90 quarter units by the time of transfer [end of the previous spring term for fall admission]).
Cal Poly only accepts applications for the fall term. Interested applicants must submit the Cal State Apply online application with the $70.00 application fee, electronically by November 30, 2020. Applications are accepted starting October 1, 2020.
- In addition to the Cal State Apply application, transfer applicants to Cal Poly will be asked to complete a supplemental application. The supplemental application will be available on your MyCalPoly portal in January. Applicants to Art, Music, and Architecture majors will need to submit the supplemental application by January 15, 2021. Applicants to all other majors will need to submit the supplemental application by January 31, 2021. Instructions for completing the supplemental application will be emailed to you in early January.
- All applicants will be notified via email of the admission decision by April 1.
- Selected applicants must accept or decline our offer of admission by May 1.
- Late applications are not accepted.
The selection of all majors is competitive. Cal Poly continues to have more qualified applicants than available new student spaces. All students must declare a major when submitting their application. Cal Poly comprehensively reviews all applications as we look for students who have strong academic records and are active in and outside the classroom. Beyond the basic qualifications for the California State University, Cal Poly considers other factors for admission and does so in an objective format. In fact, it is impossible to predict an applicant’s chances of admission by looking at the academic record alone. That is why when an application is reviewed, we consider:
- The number of units completed.
- Your intended program of study (the major to which an application is submitted).
- Completion of CSU and Cal Poly program required coursework with a grade of ‘C’ or better.
- General Education or IGETC courses.
- Academic performance in your classes (GPA).
- Your extracurricular and work experience as specified on the supplemental application for admission.
Visit the Transfer Academic Advising page for information on:
- Orientation and Fall Registration.
- Financial aid.
- Advice from other transfer students.
- The next steps after committing to Cal Poly.