MS in Agriculture, Specializing in Water Engineering
The purpose of this degree is to prepare water engineers who can manage water resources with an interdisciplinary approach for agriculture, industry, and municipalities. The program focuses on water, water distribution, and water resources management. Students may elect to take elective courses to reinforce these areas or examine other areas such as water treatment, urban water planning, hydrology, etc.
- File an application for Graduate Admission at Cal State Apply by the deadlines specified.
- Submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test scores electronically to Institution Code: R4038
- Three Letters of Recommendation
For consideration as a graduate student, an applicant will have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a minimum grade point average of 2.50 in the last 90-quarter units. An applicant who meets these standards but lacks prerequisite coursework may be admitted as a conditionally classified student and must make up any deficiencies before advancement to classified graduate standing.
All applicants who do not speak and write English as their primary language are required to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), taken within the last 2 years with a minimum score of 550 (paper version), 213 (computerized version), or 80 (internet-based). Submit scores electronically to Institution Code: 4038. This requirement does not apply if your country of citizenship is listed on Cal Poly Admissions website.
This degree program is administered and advised by the BRAE department and questions should be directed to Dr. Daniel Howes.
How to Apply
- Go to Cal State Apply for the online application.
- Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email confirmation from Cal Poly confirming that your application has been received.
- Your application is later loaded into the student database and you will be emailed instructions on accessing Cal Poly’s university portal: MyCalPoly. Applicants should access MyCalPoly to view further application requirements and, later, the admission status.
- For questions regarding Cal State Apply or MyCalPoly, you may contact the Admissions Office.
- If you need help through the application process, we've created a Graduate Applicant Tips Guide to help you.
Details of the program can be found in the Cal Poly Catalog.