Dr. Alzraiee is an Assistant Professor in Construction Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, a Co-Director of Granite Heavy Civil Minor, and a CIE Faculty Fellow, at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, where he has been since 2018. He received his undergraduate degree in civil engineering (2001), a Master of Science in Construction Engineering and Management (2007), and a Ph.D. in Building Engineering (2013) from Concordia University in Montreal, Canada.
Before joining Cal Poly, Dr. Alzraiee worked in the design and construction industry for 17 years in full capacity as a structural engineer, construction engineer, and project management professional. He worked on a variety of projects such as heavy civil infrastructures, high-rise buildings, and energy projects.
In 2018, Dr. Alzraiee collaborated with faculty from the construction management department to create a heavy civil minor program that combines the elements of heavy civil engineering and construction management. This minor is fully supported by generous donations from the heavy civil contractors and advocates. Dr. Alzraiee is an advocate of a teacher-scholar model, in which he undertakes a wide range of intellectual activities that stimulate teaching and learning. He teaches courses related to construction engineering, BIM, and virtual design and construction. Dr. Alzraiee’ s research interests focus on developing and leveraging advanced tools for enhancing project design, project delivery, constructability, performance, productivity, and infrastructure resilience and management. Some of the tools and approaches he uses include but not limited to BIM; VDC; As-Built BIM; LiDAR; Drones Mapping; Computer Modeling and Simulation (DES & SD), and deep learning. Many undergraduate students (freshmen to senior) at Cal Poly are involved or currently involved in his research activities.
I have a limited number of open Research Assistant positions for Cal Poly’s undergraduate students. If you are interested in participating in innovative research, presenting in a conference, and boost your resume for a future career, then you can reach out to me by email stating your interests and attach your resume.
- Ph.D. in Construction Engineering and Management, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 2013
- M.S in Construction Engineering and Management, Islamic University, Gaza, 2007
- B.E of Civil Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, India, 2001
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Project Progress Monitoring and Controls
- Building Information Modeling
- Infrastructure Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Construction Operations Simulation
- CE 371: Construction Management and Project Planning
- CE 259: Civil Engineering Material
- CE 400: Special Problems
- CE 466/467: Senior Design Projects
- Construction Research Congress, ASCE
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Alzraiee, H. Mosellhi, O. (2018). “Scope Changes Impact on Construction Labor Performance Index. AACE 2018 San Diego (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering's International Annual Meeting)
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T. (2018). “Quantifying Changes Impact on Construction Project Progress”. Construction Research Congress, ASCE, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, April 2-5, 2018
- Alzraiee, H., (2018), “Integrating BIM and Earned Value Management System to Track Projects Progress. Construction Research Congress, ASCE, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, April 2-5, 2018
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Bakry, I. (2014). Controlled Deflection of Sewer Pipes Rehabilitated Using Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) Technique, April 2014, Orlando, FL
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Moselhi, O. (2013). Assessment of Construction Operations Productivity as Computed by Simulation Models. Winter Simulation Conference R. Pasupathy, S.-H. Kim, A. Tolk, R. Hill, and M. E. Kuhl, eds. December 8-11, 2013 Washington, DC
- Bakry, I., Alzraiee, H., Kaddoura, K., El Masry, M., & Zayed, T. (2016). Condition Prediction for Chemical Grouting Rehabilitation of Sewer Networks. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 30(6), 04016042
- Bakry, I., Alzraiee, H., Masry, M. E., Kaddoura, K., & Zayed, T. (2016). Condition Prediction for Cured-in-Place Pipe Rehabilitation of Sewer Mains. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 30(5), 04016016
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Bakry, I. (2015). Destructive Analysis-Based Testing for Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP). J. Perform. Constr. Facil., 29(4), Vol. 29, No. 4
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., & Moselhi, O. (2015). Dynamic planning of construction activities using hybrid simulation. Automation in Construction, 49, 176-192
- El-Abbasy, M. S., Zayed, T., Ahmed, M., Alzraiee, H., & Abouhamad, M. (2013). Contractor selection model for highway projects using integrated simulation and analytic network process. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(7), 755-767