Dr. Alzraiee is an Assistant Professor in Construction Engineering at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo. Dr. Alzraiee is leading the efforts to create a Construction Engineering thrust area within the civil engineering department as well as he is a member in the committee tasked with creating an interdisciplinary a Heavy Civil Engineering and Management minor program within the Construction Management and Civil Engineering Programs.
Dr. Alzraiee research interests focus on developing and leveraging advanced tools for construction digital estimation, planning, and progress tracking. Tools adopted in the research such as Building Information Modeling (BIM); Reality Capturing using UAVs; Computer Simulation (discrete and System Dynamics); and Earned Value Management System. In addition, Dr. Alzraiee conducts research on the structural and operational conditions of the civil infrastructure with emphases on the underground infrastructure system and the Trenchless Rehabilitation Techniques (CIPP).
Dr. Alzraiee has 17 years of industrial experience in designing and management of infrastructure and public building projects. In the past 6 years, Dr. Alzraiee worked on large and complex Projects in the Oil and Gas sector with a focus on project management, project planning, costing, risk analysis, and progress tracking.
Dr. Alzraiee is always interested in collaborating with academia and construction sector to improve project planning, estimating, risk management, project data analysis, and monitoring and control.
- Ph.D. in Construction Engineering and Management, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 2013
- M.S in Construction Engineering and Management, Islamic University, Gaza, 2007
- B.E of Civil Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, India, 2001
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Project Progress Monitoring and Controls
- Building Information Modeling
- Infrastructure Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Construction Operations Simulation
- CE 371: Construction Management and Project Planning
- CE 259: Civil Engineering Material
- CE 400: Special Problems
- CE 466/467: Senior Design Projects
- Construction Research Congress, ASCE
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Alzraiee, H. Mosellhi, O. (2018). “Scope Changes Impact on Construction Labor Performance Index. AACE 2018 San Diego (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering's International Annual Meeting)
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T. (2018). “Quantifying Changes Impact on Construction Project Progress”. Construction Research Congress, ASCE, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, April 2-5, 2018
- Alzraiee, H., (2018), “Integrating BIM and Earned Value Management System to Track Projects Progress. Construction Research Congress, ASCE, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, April 2-5, 2018
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Bakry, I. (2014). Controlled Deflection of Sewer Pipes Rehabilitated Using Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) Technique, April 2014, Orlando, FL
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Moselhi, O. (2013). Assessment of Construction Operations Productivity as Computed by Simulation Models. Winter Simulation Conference R. Pasupathy, S.-H. Kim, A. Tolk, R. Hill, and M. E. Kuhl, eds. December 8-11, 2013 Washington, DC
- Bakry, I., Alzraiee, H., Kaddoura, K., El Masry, M., & Zayed, T. (2016). Condition Prediction for Chemical Grouting Rehabilitation of Sewer Networks. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 30(6), 04016042
- Bakry, I., Alzraiee, H., Masry, M. E., Kaddoura, K., & Zayed, T. (2016). Condition Prediction for Cured-in-Place Pipe Rehabilitation of Sewer Mains. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 30(5), 04016016
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., and Bakry, I. (2015). Destructive Analysis-Based Testing for Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP). J. Perform. Constr. Facil., 29(4), Vol. 29, No. 4
- Alzraiee, H., Zayed, T., & Moselhi, O. (2015). Dynamic planning of construction activities using hybrid simulation. Automation in Construction, 49, 176-192
- El-Abbasy, M. S., Zayed, T., Ahmed, M., Alzraiee, H., & Abouhamad, M. (2013). Contractor selection model for highway projects using integrated simulation and analytic network process. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(7), 755-767