Access our lab programs and software from any computer using our new CE-ENVE Desktop (Citrix). Get started now!
2. Verify your system requirements
- Operating systems must be Windows 7, 8, 10 and MacOS X 10.8 or later
- Browsers must be Safari 7 or later, Chrome, Edge, Firefox
- Some users having issues with Safari. Please access through Chrome.
3. Make sure you are signed up with VPN
If you are accessing off-campus, you will need to configure the Cal Poly Virtual Private Network (VPN). https://tech.calpoly.edu/services/vpn
4. Install CE-ENVE Desktop (Citrix)
Install now: https://cedesktops.calpoly.edu/
Best Practices / Tips
- Store files on MyShare. My Share is available on all Citrix desktops.
- You can also store files on the campus U: Drive, which is also available on all desktops.
- Log off after your session. The shortcut to log off is on the desktop. Disconnecting will not log off your session.
- For the best AutoCAD performance, copy your working files to the desktop. Once you are done, copy your files back onto your file share.
- Available 24/7 to all CE/ENVE students
- Desktop sessions are hosted on shared server hardware
- The performance varies depending on the number of users
- For low to medium workload applications
- Available by scheduled access to CE 423, CE 504, CE 529 and Senior Design
- Desktop sessions are hosted on a dedicated computer
- The performance is static
- For high workload applications like AutoCAD
- Additional desktops will show up for courses in which you are enrolled at the scheduled course time.
- For example, the desktop "CE 251-01" shows on Mondays from 8 - 10 am
- Courses desktops run in the same configuration as Open Lab.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Bentley (WaterCAD, SewerCAD, etc)
- BlueBeam Revu 2018
- Dr. Beam
- Dr. Frame
- EPA SWMM
- Gantt Designer
- GMS Modflow
- HEC (HMS, RAS, GeoHMS, GeoRAS)
- HiCAPP 2000
- Manure Management
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
- SeismoSignal 2020
- Sidra Intersection 8
- Synchro Pro
- Tekla Structures
- Transoft: AutoTurn, Torus
- Visual Minteq
FAQ, Help and Feedback
For helpdesk, provide feedback or make recommendations:
- The MyShare folder should be used to save files that will be accessed within the CE/ENVE Desktop environment. The next time you log in, you may not be assigned to the same desktop.
- You can also save files to the Campus provided U: Drive to be accessed from any desktop.
- You cannot install your own software. You can request software be added by making a tech request. CEENVE Tech Request
- Yes, but you need to be on-campus or connected to VPN.
Map the MyShare Drive (Windows)
1. Open File Explorer
2. Click on This PC
3. In the ribbon, click Map Network Drive
4. Chose any available drive letter
5. In Folder, type \\18.104.22.168\profiles$\yourusernamehere
6. Check Reconnect at sign-in
7. If prompted enter credentials (calpoly\username) 8. Click Finish
- Yes, to utilize multiple displays, place the desktop into windowed mode. (not full-screen). From the edge of the window, click and drag to the second monitor. Now click Full-Screen. Example: DualMonitors.png
- Some Mac users have experienced an error message when downloading Receiver. Please use Chrome to download and install Receiver. Once installed, you can access with Safari.
- Restart your computer and try again
- Usage of Benltey software now requires a Bentley user account. Bentley Registration Guide.pdf